CANADIAN CLUB “CC SNOW PARTY” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 16/06/22 and close at 11:59pm AEST on 24/07/2022 (“Promotional Period”).
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
The judging will take place at Unit 3/49-51 Mitchell Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100 on 27/07/2022 at 12pm AEST. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. Winners will be notified in writing by email. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win a trip for four (4) adults to Thredbo, NSW valued at up to $14,285 depending on point and time of departure. Prize includes:
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- visit www.ccsnowparty.com and follow the prompts to the competition entry page;
- provide an answer in 25 words or less to the question, “What are the perfect ingredients to a CC Snow Party and why”; and then
- Submit the fully completed online entry form.
The next three (3) best valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win a C.C Snow Party At Home Kit valued at $2,800. Each kit includes:
- Two (2) nights’ accommodation at the Thredbo Alpine Hotel (in two (2) twin share rooms);
- Return private transfers from Canberra airport to Thredbo accommodation;
- A three (3) day ski pass and gear hire for four (4) people;
- Four (4) tickets to C.C X First Base party;
- $1000 spending money (for the winner only) and
- Welcome pack with four (4) x Bad Sweaters & C.C. 24 pack.
- If the winner is not from ACT or does not reside within 300kms of Thredbo, NSW the prize will also include four (4) x return economy airfares from winner's nearest airport (capital city or regional) to Canberra, ACT. If the winner is from ACT or does reside within 300kms of Thredbo, NSW, then the prize does not include airfares and the airfare component of the prize is not redeemable for cash. Additional spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. The winner (and their companions) must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. Prize must be taken to coincide with the C.C X First Base Party event with flights departing on 02/09/22 and is subject to booking and flight availability.
For the purposes of the Cleaning Voucher, the Promoter will liaise with each winner to determine a local cleaning company that they can purchase a voucher. Once purchased, the winner can redeem, the voucher through that cleaning company. While the cleaning company chosen will be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner, in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the cleaning company.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Uber Voucher and/or the Cleaning Voucher are not included. Any unused balance of the Uber Voucher and/or the Cleaning Voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Uber Voucher and/or the Cleaning Voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
The C.C X First Base Party ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or their companion) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
Total prize pool value is $22,685.
Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- 5x C.C. Bad Sweaters (exact sizes to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion)
- 5x C.C. Sherpa Hats
- 5x Canadian Club & Dry 24 packs
- 1x Snow Machine
- 1x Pioneer Bluetooth Speaker Set
- 1x Pioneer DDJ Rekordbox (DJ Mixer)
- 1x Yeti 45 Tundra Cooler
- 1x $200 Cleaning Voucher
- 1x $100 Uber Voucher
As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the C.C X First Base party event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) attendance at or travel to the prize event.
The Promoter is Beam Suntory Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 85 003 953 357) of Level 18, 100 Pacific Highway, North Sydney 2060.
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.